Permanent - Full time (Shift work)
Are you an experienced NDC Operator with a strong knowledge around health & Safety procedures? If so, then Gleeson Recruitment Group have a fantastic opportunity for you! This is a role working for a long-standing client of Gleeson`s who are looking to take on board an individual that will have a strong focus on housekeeping and HSE. Experience in a similar role is essential and reach truck experience would also be desirable.
You will be tasked with inventory management and required to have excellent communication skills along with good numeracy and IT skills.
Objectives of the role:
- Ensure the safe and efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse materials, goods and products to feed business operations and customer demand Key areas of responsibility:
- Managing process accuracy, picking and packing to ensure customers' orders are fulfilled in line with business KPIs
- Ensuring all items are free from damage and reporting procedures are followed for any discrepancies
- Using computer systems to upkeep necessary records and reports
- Cleaning and maintaining warehouse and equipment to set standards
- Consistently working to good standards of health and safety and meeting company warehouse standards and procedures
- Preparing customer collection orders according to schedule
- Responsible for maintaining stock control, location accuracy and perpetual inventory counting.
- Monitor accuracy and organisation during loading and unloading procedures for all inbound and outbound warehouse activity
- Ensure hazardous materials are stored in accordance with HSE requirements
- Manage and ensure group HSE standards are adhered to and carry out risk assessments
- Participating in 6S lean techniques to optimise the NDC environment and efficiency
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly and safely
- Take delivery of goods and supplies
- Ensure delivery of materials to production lines in accordance with production requirements
- Input data regarding stock and inventory into a computerised system
- Ensure that all lifting and manoeuvring of product is carried out in accordance with manual handling procedures
- Keep areas of work clean and tidy to ensure operational efficiency