Maintenance Engineer - Birmingham
Shift Pattern: Rotating days
A global hydraulic equipment manufacturer in Birmingham is looking to expand its highly skilled maintenance team with an additional maintenance engineer.
Reporting to the maintenance manager, you will ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to maximise operating efficiencies.
- Provision of ongoing maintenance within the Plant Engineering department, identifying issues, analysing malfunctioning equipment and systems, recommending corrective action and on approval make repairs or modifications under the direction of the Plant Engineers/Manager, monitoring solutions to ensure their effectiveness
- Responsibility for the supervision of shift Technicians & apprentices assigned to your shift.
- Support the Plant Engineering Manager in the implementation and enforcement of procedures to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with agreed practices
- Work with the Plant Engineering Manager/Engineers in the development of colleagues to agreed company standards in working practices and processes
- Carrying out periodic preventive maintenance on plant machinery and equipment
- Regularly check quality of instrumentation to meet production, safety and legal requirements
- To assist with project work as required
- Support team building and promote good working relations through example and good practice
- Support colleagues in the identification of improvement activities and problem solving and participate in appropriate activities on an ad hoc basis
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers or Managers to ensure departmental needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving situations and technical support on projects as required
A bit about you:
- Apprenticeship, HNC or higher qualification trained in mechanical/ electrical or related discipline
- Strong mechanical & electrical experience
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- A working knowledge of hydraulics and/ or pneumatics
- Experience working within a general machining workshop including turning, milling and fitting of manual tools would also be advantageous
- Familiarity with quality standards such as ISO9000 & ISO14000
- 17th edition would be advantageous
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more! To arrange a confidential discussion to discuss more about this role, please reach out to book in a confidential call.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.