£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - Loughborough
£35,000 - £45,000
3-week rotating shift (Mon-Fri)
- Week1 Mon - Fri: 6am - 2pm
- Week2 Mon - Fri: 2pm - 10pm
- Week3 Mon - Fri: 10pm - 6am
A metal extrusion business based in Loughborough are looking to expand their maintenance department with additional maintenance engineers!
Reporting to the maintenance manager, you will ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to maximise operating efficiencies.
- Reporting to the Engineering Team Manager and working as part of a team throughout the site.
- Responsible for the associated administration of your work as well as the H&S of yourself and your co-workers (wearing PPE at all times).
- Responsible for managing the completion of ongoing PPM's in addition to any emergency or unforeseen breakdowns.
- Planning, installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment and facilities (minimise lost time due to breakdown).
- Driving positive continuous improvement.
- Ability to ensure the existing legacy plant is maintained to the highest level possible as new plant is invested in and integrated.
- Thoroughly and accurately carry out daily checks on essential plant, equipment and machinery as part of the company preventative maintenance schedule (BOPV5)
- Carry out major refurbishment of plant, equipment and machinery as directed.
A bit about you:
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Motors, Gearboxes and Hydraulic systems
- Exposure to PLC's
- Must have logical approach to fault finding (I/O signal fault finding skills)
- Previous experience from an industrial Engineering environment (heavy plant equipment)
- Able to use own initiative when required
- Previous experience in a bespoke manufacturing environment
- Able to read hydraulic drawings
- Basic knowledge of oil monitoring systems
- Comfortable in a re-active and PPM environment
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more! To arrange a confidential discussion to discuss more about this role, please reach out to book in a confidential call.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.