Up to £40500 per annum
3 months ago
Multi-Skilled Engineering Technician - Banbury, Oxfordshire
£32,412.38 plus £8030 shift allowance, £40,500 OTE pre-overtime
Rotating days/ nights: 12 hours 06:00-18:00 / 18:00-06:00
As a Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer operating from a well-established animal feed mill, you will optimise machinery output and product quality, and minimise plant downtime through effective preventative maintenance and efficient breakdown response whilst maintaining a safe and healthy environment and promoting good engineering practices.
A fast-paced, dynamic Feed manufacturing environment which is noisy and dusty in some areas, manufacturing animal feeds where hygiene standards are critical. The role is factory based.
- A secure, supportive, and progressive working environment
- Structured progression plans, including comprehensive training and continuous development
- 31 days holiday
- 5% pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Lifestyle benefits that include wellbeing resources
- Assist in building an up-to-date PPM system and ensuring planned maintenance is carried out professionally and promptly.
- Quick and effective response to breakdowns, where possible identifying root cause and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns occurring.
- Communicate unscheduled breakdowns to the Shift Supervisor / Mill Manager and work with the operations department to minimise plant disruption.
- Reporting and tracking lost time, cause of breakdowns, record parts used/required
- Assist in PUWER, LOLER, Risk Assessments and fall out work associated.
- Proficient in engineering operations whilst working in hazardous environments
- Participate in Mechanical projects and installations - Elevators, conveyors, machine installs, machine refurbishment.
- Participate in Electrical projects and installations - Panel manufacture and installation, PLC upgrades, PAT testing, thermographic surveying.
A bit about you:
- Qualified in a relevant engineering trade with 4 + years of engineering experience and an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- You will have a full understanding of mechanical processes and assemblies including Electrical or welding/fabrication experience
- Flexibility with a positive attitude and the ability to work well within a team
- Food manufacture experience desirable
- IEE 17th or 18th Edition desirable
- PLC experience desirable
- Air and pneumatics trained desirable
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting role then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.