Metrology Engineer - Birmingham / Redditch - Aerospace - Permanent
Are you a Metrology Engineer with a background driving consistent standards and performance improvements within the Aerospace sector? If so, a Midlands based organisation who design, manufacture, and assemble precision forged and machined components are looking for you!
As the Metrology Engineer, you will be responsible driving consistent standards and performance improvements through rigorously defining inspection criteria. You will also be supporting new product introduction and continuous improvements activities whilst providing the Metrology function with technical expertise across the wider business.
The Metrology Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Metrology Methods and Practices to include CMM Programming and Inspection Techniques.
- First Article Inspection evaluations and reporting, including utilisation of IPI VISUAL FAIR Software.
- NPI evaluation to Internal and External Specification requirements.
- Supporting Aerofoils Gauge Room Activities: Including Gauge Manufacture, MSA, Gauge R & R and Gauge Calibration.
- Participate in calibration and drive consistent adherence with support from other functions.
- Improve production evaluation, Gauges, Vernon Columns, HMI and Implementation of new technologies.
- Provide training for the wider team on the programming of CMM's and Operation alongside other dimensional evaluation techniques.
- Use SPC software for data analysis of the Metrology Centre and for production processes.
- Control of Metrology processes by introduction of standard training packs - QPS/WES
- Drive continuous improvement projects and participates in others projects where required by the business.
- Participate in R&D projects as necessary to further business interests.
Skills required or the Metrology Engineer:
· Operated in a similar function, ideally withing the aerospace industry.
· Experience Design Engineering / Conformance Engineering within a manufacturing Environment.
· HNC in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
· Experience supporting FAIR's and concessions.
· PCDMIS and/or Mitutoyo Programming experience.
· Competence or willingness to learn IPI Visual FAIR.
· Proven track record as a project leader.
The Metrology Engineer role offers a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email