£34000.00 - £46000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
- This role requires the ability to provide high level engineering technical expertise within a specific area to maximize the productivity.
- Have the ability root cause all problems that arise and have a fix right first-time approach.
- This role involves accountability and ownership to deliver the line KPI's to ensure maximum line efficiency.
- Capable of leading from the front within a team ensuring the efficient running of a continuous production line, manufacturing high quality products, packaged, and prepared for delivery in accordance with customer service requirements.
- Able to ensure all work is logged on the SAP system and with accurate information
- Ensuring completion or work orders without being prompted.
- Ensure that effective handovers take place.
- Capture all learnings form issue and Improvements and make sure these are transferred to the teams.
- Conduct, lead and develop troubleshooting, maintenance, and CI activities that are assigned, or you own.
- Utilise planned downtime effectively to achieve Maintenance daily tasks and Line Improvements.
- Share expertise, advice, technical support, to improve shift engineering within own Shift and oncoming shifts through effective and accurate handovers.
- Delivery against all safety SOPS, policies, and procedures
- Delivery against all Quality SOPS, policies, and procedures
- Ensure Quality and Health and Safety KPI targets are consistently achieved as a minimum
- Ensure Machines are operating at maximum efficiency to ensure Department quality and efficiency standards
- Work side by side with ManTech's/TCA's to drive Machine efficiencies through effective maintenance.
- Define, plan and lead the necessary maintenance tasks during planned downtime including daily Maintenance checks.
- Lead and co-ordinate breakdown engineering activities for the Machines as required, coach ManTech's and TCA's.
- Ensure right first-time completion of all machine repairs and maintenance activities.
- Support successful changes to planned maintenance and new projects.
- Support and react to information gained from condition monitoring.
- Ensure maintenance\repair information is logged into SAP
- Assist the team to ensure changeover activities are continuously improved
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the performance of the equipment.
- Communicate with engineering colleagues to ensure continuity across shifts.
- Contribute to the control of departmental R&M budget and ensure this is on target
- Complete root cause analysis, in line with down time procedure to Identify and implement preventative solutions
- Ensure adherence to housekeeping and hygiene standards within the work area
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in respect of safety and quality systems
- Take ownership for own development through site documentation and external training.
- Participate in audits (carried out by internal auditors and external auditors)
- Ensure waste levels are minimised to achieve area targets.
- Utilise Downtime effectively to complete OEE Improvement tasks.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role.
You must have:-
- Production line experience on equipment in FMCG, food, or pharmaceutical
- Trained to a Mechanical minimum craft level, ONC, HND Level preferred
- Mig/Tig welding, Machining, turning, milling experience an advantage
- Strong Pneumatic experience and able to read drawings and fault find complex problems.
- Worked under minimum supervision and a self-starter with the ability to react quickly.
- A proven background of delivering the high-performance levels whilst leading from the front
- Analytical skills with drive to implement improvements
- Awareness of quality/Good Manufacturing Practice
- Experience of a KPI focused environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work