I am currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter for a company in Pontypool Reporting into the Mechanical Engineer the successful applicant will help support Operations in achieving maximum uptime, reliability, efficiency and safety of all plant equipment by providing timely and cost-effective maintenance and repair.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
* Respond as necessary to operational priorities seeking clarity from Operations or Maintenance Management where necessary.
* To support production activities at all times by ensuring minimum response times to equipment breakdown.
* Execute tasks in line with Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule, ensuring work is carried out in compliance within all statutory Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and in accordance with internal risk assessments.
* Assist in installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
* To work alongside sub-contractors as required and take the lead in such circumstances.
* Identification of key spares requirements.
* Fully utilise the Pirana CMMS.
* Completion of all repair and maintenance documentation to achieve full compliance with any regulatory guidelines and company Standard Operating Procedures
Experience and Qualifications
* Formally trained through an engineering apprenticeship, preferably to NVQ LEVEL 3 or equivalent.
* Computer literate.
* Broad range of experience in all aspects of maintenance in heavy engineering environments.
* Familiarity of operating CMMS packages.
* Used to working in a pressurised environment, with particular regard to tight downtime constraints.
* Experience of maintaining both CNC and manual machine tools.
* Experience of maintaining and fault finding on large, complex hydraulic systems.
* Experience of maintaining heavy pressing or stamping equipment.