Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £32500.00 per annum + +plus overtime
about 1 month ago
Our client, a leader in the steel industry, is looking to expand their team with an additional mechanical fitter, responsible for mechanical works and maintenance on their manufacturing and production site based in Wolverhampton.
- Responding to breakdowns reported by members of the Production Team, Charge hand or Production Supervisor.
- Plan and record preventative maintenance programs to maintain and improve the safety, quality and reliability of the company's equipment and installations.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of spares designed to reduce downtime in the event of breakdowns.
- Maintain records relating to work carried out in attending breakdowns, repairs carried out, preventative maintenance performed, training records etc.
- Maintenance and improvement of machine guarding and related safety equipment.
- To assist in the efficient operation of the production and despatch functions of the company as a member of the Maintenance team.
- To develop and improve the mechanical installations of the plant.
- Plan and assist in new installations.
- Good knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and machine technologies.
- Welding and fabricating skills.
- Basic machining using lathes, millers etc.
- Experience working within a heavy engineering and or manufacturing environment with production machinery.
If this opportunity is something that you are interested in, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.