Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
about 2 months ago
Mechanical Engineer - Birmingham
£50,000 - £55,000 base salary, dependant on experience
A global metals manufacturing business based in Birmingham are looking to expand their mechanical engineering department with an additional mechanical engineer.
- A competitive salary of £50,000 - £55,000 dependant on experience
- A quarterly cash bonus scheme based on global performance
- Private health care for you and your family
- Private dental care for you and a partner
- A generous holiday allowance of 26 plus bank holidays
- A flexible workday from 08:30am to 16:30pm
- A generous pension contribution, matched up to a value of 8%
You will be a strong mechanical engineer with a strong background in metals. Reporting directly to the engineering manager, you will be responsible for mechanical engineering duties across the plant. You will initiate and complete development and capital works inline with the companies global strategy plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the safety performance measurers are chieved or exceeded
- Responsible for supporting plant safety policies such as confined space, hot working, mechanical isolations and working at hight
- Responsible for ensuring equipment performance measures are reviewed and improved through the application of the preventative maintenance program
- Must deliver measurable improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team
- Provide engineering systems development support and effectively utilise modern engineering techniques
- Ensuring that capital projects are initiated and completed on time and in budget
A bit about you:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a mechanical engineering related subject
- Ability to work independently with strong problem solving skills
- Technically competent in the use of hydraulics, pneumatics, refractory systems, metal forming, PUWER/ LOLER and machining process
- Engineering design capability and a strong working knowledge of CAD
- Demonstratable project management experience
- Demonstratable experience of metal production, chemical engineering, heavy industrial or capital-intensive industries
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity to be a part of a global business at the forefront of metal manufacturing, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more! To arrange a confidential discussion to discuss more about this role, please reach out book in a confidential call.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.