Mechanical Design Engineer - Permanent - Advanced Technologies - Oxfordshire
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer able to conceptualise, design and develops 3D models and 2D drawings.? If so, an Oxfordshire based organisation who are at the forefront liquid repellent nanotechnology are looking for you!
As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of machine accessories and retrofits for both current and new equipment to include automation. The incumbent will also be highly involved in identifying and solving problems related to production processes, equipment, and manufacturability.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualises, designs, and develops 3D models and 2D drawings for the improvement of current and future manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of component / product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops concepts by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and prototyping.
- Works in conjunction with automation engineering in the design of jigs and fixtures for "ease of manufacturability" and quality (repeatability) improvement
- Project manages with hands-on ownership of all aspects of prototype developments, from detailed design through to final validation.
- Ensure all prototypes are built to the correct/desired standard and are validated for use.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- SolidWorks design capabilities (component & assemblies); other design packages will also be considered.
- Knowledge of a wide range of materials and manufacturing processes is required - preferably, but not limited to, machining, plastic injection moulding and stamping.
- 'Cradle to grave' development experience, with exposure to supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release.
- BOM creation and management.
- Design calculations and the application of advanced simulation / CAE techniques.
- Creating / participating in FMEAs.
- Design of Experiment programs and Design Verification Plans.
- Experience of CE / UL standards would be advantageous but not essential.
If you would like to know more about the Mechanical Design Engineer role, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 07527257851 or email