£30000 - £40000 per annum
4 months ago
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer, from a special purpose machinery background, looking to join a company where you can work on exciting machinery and will be a part of the projects from concept to completion?
In this role you will be working with the Design team in order to create detailed models and drawings suitable for machine manufacturing in the workshop. Along-side this you will be working on research projects, helping to develop new and innovative ways to stay ahead of competition.
- Utilising 2D & 3D CAD software programmes (Solidworks ideally), to produce detail drawings of equipment, in line with Client specifications and Company requirements.
- Produce related documentation, which may include, but not be limited to; technical data sheets, operating manuals and test procedures.
- Checking of drawings, calculations and data as required.
- Production of bills of material with appropriate selection of all materials to suit job locations.
- Working on any number of projects in various parts of the world, supplying standard products and bespoke systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of international design codes and standards including ASME, ISO, BS, EN
- Working within specified timescales to achieve agreed completion dates.
- Liaison as required with Company selected sub-suppliers.
- 2D & 3D CAD modelling & drafting (Solidworks preferred)
- Experienced designing large scale special purpose machinery for industrial use
- Knowledge of automated machinery
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Apprenticeship and/or degree qualified
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity, then please apply now with your most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more!