7 months ago
Are you currently working as a mechanical design engineer? Are you looking to work full life cycle, designing exciting technology from the bottom up for a range of different sectors? Do you want to be a part of a small, but highly skilled team? Look no further.
We are currently recruiting for a mechanical design engineer to join an exciting automation and materials handling business based in Tamworth. You will be designing niche, bespoke products for a range of sectors such as conveyors, sorting machinery, labelling machinery and fully automated, bespoke handling systems.
This opportunity will be working within a small, close nit team, working alongside a highly experienced design engineer to learn and develop skills in designing bespoke automated handling machinery. You will grow and develop in this area, eventually leading the mechanical design function for the business and playing a key part in the businesses evolving product line.
- Design and implementation of systems and individual products based on existing products together with bespoke equipment
- Development of new and existing products
- Collaborate with different departments such as software, controls and electrical to find the best solutions for customer needs
- Liaise with other departments including sales, electrical and controls during the project
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- Innovate where possible to grow and improve the companies' deliverable solutions to customers (reduced price, reduced timescales, improved functionality etc.)
- Site visits during installations
- Qualified to HNC/ HND level or time served engineer with relevant industry experience e
- Experience designing conveyors, sorting machinery, labelling machines or bespoke handling and processing systems or some other form of bespoke machinery, ideally automated machinery
- Experience working independently, manging problems, and thinking on your feet
- Experience working with other departmental engineers such as software, controls and electrical
- Experience designing in 3D with strong knowledge of technical drawings standards
- Experience with 3D mechanical design software, ideally PTC Creo, however experience with other software's such as Solidworks will also be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established market leader, working with a small but highly skilled team on cutting edge bespoke automated machinery. If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV or alternatively email for more information.
*You must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.