£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer - Torrington, Devon
£40,000 - £50,000 base salary depending on experience level
A global aerospace and deference business based in Devon are looking to grow their mechanical team with an additional mechanical design engineer who can bolster their current offering. You will be joining a multi-functional team within a major engineering business, with a combination of world class highly innovative products, robust engineering processes and knowledge of the latest technologies to support their customers, all whilst operating in some of the most highly regulated industrial and aerospace industries worldwide.
- A competitive salary of £40,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience
- A generous holiday allowances
- A highly flexible hours scheme allowing flexibility around start and finish times
- Remote/ hybrid working options of a minimum of 2 days per week
- Opportunities to work across the wider business group
- A strong and structured development programme designed for career growth
Reporting into the engineering and product development manager, you will engage across the full product development life cycle and be responsible for the design of condition monitoring solutions. This role offers the opportunity for future career development into senior management within the business.
A bit about you:
- Degree level qualified in an Engineering or Materials discipline with ability to manage and
- Degree educated or have a suitable level of relevant experience.
- Broad experience of working in mechanical design and development environment, preferably with a bias towards CNC machined and sheet metal components and assemblies.
- Experience of working within a high integrity, highly regulated industry such as Aerospace, Defence or Automotive
- Experience of designing cabinets and electrical wiring layouts in accordance with BS EN 60204.
- Experience of designing components to survive the environments defined by RTCA DO-160.
- Through lifecycle development experience, from initial design and development, through to modification and in-service support.
- Demonstrable experience of working with supply chain and manufacturing teams to efficiently execute Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) processes.
- Strong 3D CAD and data management experience, preferably with Autodesk Inventor and Vault.
- Graphical design experience using Adobe Illustrator would be extremely beneficial.
- Experience of Finite Element Analysis and simulation tools would also be beneficial.
If you are interested in finding out more about this fantastic opportunity to be a part of a global business at the forefront of metal manufacturing, then please apply now with your most recent and most up-to-date CV and one of the Gleeson team will be in touch with you to discuss more! To arrange a confidential discussion to discuss more about this role, please reach out to book in a confidential call.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.