£24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Competitive Benefits
3 months ago
I am now recruiting for the position of a Material Controller to join a leading UK based manufacturer of bespoke high value items into a global market. You will be tasked with managing material flow and costings within company workflow requirements.
This position has been created to facilitate production at their brand-new state of the art facility in Worcestershire.
The key purpose of the Material Controller is to manage the sourcing of best priced commodities, scheduling the supply of components and materials to meet immediate production requirements and forward production programmes consistent with achieving target stock levels.
The primary responsibilities of the Material Controller include;
- Communicating supplier material delivery schedules to ensure that they meet immediate and future production demands.
- Managing material supply plan to minimise impact on production.
- Co-ordinating across all departments within the organisation.
- Developing supplier relationships
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum.
To be effective as the Material Controller your experience of working in a Material Planning & Logistics functions, within manufacturing-based environments. You will have the backing and support of the company Head of Purchasing and a team of skilled individuals.
The working hours within the role of the Material Controller are Mon - Fri 39 hours per week :
- Basic salary £24,000 - 28,000 DOE
- Competitive Benefits
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.