£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Are you looking to work for a fast-growing manufacturing business as part of their Materials Planning & Logistics team?
I am now recruiting for a Material Controller to join a growing UK based manufacturer of bespoke high value items distributed into a global market. You will be tasked with managing material flow and costings within company workflow requirements.
This position has been created due to the success they have had within their marketplace, the new role is to facilitate production at their brand-new state of the art facility in Worcestershire.
The key purpose of the Material Controller is to manage the sourcing of best priced commodities, scheduling the supply of components and materials to meet immediate production requirements and forward production programmes consistent with achieving target stock levels.
The primary responsibilities of the Material Controller include;
- Communicating supplier material delivery schedules to ensure that they meet immediate and future production demands.
- Managing material supply plan to minimise impact on production.
- Co-ordinating across all departments within the organisation.
- Developing supplier relationships
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure costs are kept to an absolute minimum.
To be effective as the Material Controller your experience of working in a Material Planning & Logistics functions, within manufacturing-based/engineering environments. You will have the backing and support of the company Head of Purchasing and a team of skilled individuals.
The working hours within the role of the Material Controller are Mon - Fri 39 hours per week :
- Basic salary £20,000 - 25,000 DOE
- Competitive Benefits
If the role is of interest or you would like some more information then please contact Phil Birch on 07970 211517.