£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
May - June 2023
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be partnered with West Midlands Growth Company to recruit a Marketing Manager within their Business and Tourism Programme. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of programme-specific, destination marketing.
This is a 12-month FTC and is an amazing opportunity to work with this fantastic business. You will be working with the business to increase opportunities across the region and advertise the best the region has to offer! If you love what the West Midlands has to offer, this is the business for you!
Job title: Marketing Manager
Contract: Full-time, 12-month FTC
WFH/Hybrid: Hybrid (2-3 days in office)
Start date: May 2023
In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of programme-specific campaigns. You will work with internal and external teams and agencies to deliver campaigns across digital and traditional channels to advertise what the region has to offer. You will cover the breadth of destination marketing in this role and you will be covering strategic relationship development, B2C and B2B marketing as well as domestic and international campaign management. You will work across trade press events, press and PR, website and digital development, social media as well as procuring and management contracts that will promote the region.
This is a great role for someone with destination marketing experience, broad multi-channel marketing knowledge, account management and strong stakeholder management experience both internal and external.
About West Midlands Growth Company:
The West Midlands Growth Company plays an important role in supporting with the delivery of the West Midlands Combined Authority's strategic plans. Our primary purpose is to attract investment, jobs, visitors and business to the West Midlands region. Aligning with local tourism partners, our focus is on growing numbers and revenues across both leisure and business segments, in order to develop and maximise the direct and indirect economic contribution of the tourism sector.
Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth was a golden opportunity not just for the West Midlands but for the UK. With a third of the world's population tuning in, we showed Britain is open for business, supporting the economic recovery from COVID-19 and to providing a shop window for Britain's economic engine.
The Business and Tourism Programme (BATP), currently in delivery, was developed to capitalise on the significant economic opportunities that the profile of the 2022 Commonwealth Games brought to the region.
The programme aims to create a long-term legacy by boosting perceptions of Birmingham, the West Midlands and the UK as world-class destinations for tourism. It targets domestic and overseas visitors, businesses and event organisers during a three-year project of business development and promotional activity. This continues to strengthen relationships with important overseas markets at a national and local level
- Development and delivery of destination marketing campaigns
- Marketing and Communications delivered through data and insights
- Consistent measuring and reporting on outcomes of delivered campaigns and provide evidence required by funding agencies and the Programme Management Office team
- Leading and managing destination marketing and communication across the business and leisure tourism sectors in the West Midlands - including but not limited to, meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions
- Continued marketing and communications activity that supports the legacy of the Commonwealth Games
- Assist across all major campaigns specific to the BATP including but not limited to, MICE, major sporting events work packages, international cultural campaign and travel trade
- Work with internal teams to be in integral member of procurement processes such as tendering for services
- Support on the management of contracts secured ensuring project-specific deliverables are met and achieved
- Write creative briefs in support of the in-house creative team and external agencies to deliver marketing content/campaigns across traditional and digital marketing
- Ensure all marketing campaigns/content is in line with the WMGC brand
- Manage campaign budgets and ensure campaigns are delivered in line with time allocation
- Work with multiple teams across the organisations and ensure activity is in line with the inward investment team
- Work closely with the 7 West Midlands Local Authority destinations, DMO'S and cultural partners
- Support activity to develop and manage core visitor economy marketing channels and campaigns including but not limited to visitbirmingham.com, meetbirmingham.com, and makeitwm.com
- Experience within a similar role - destination marketing or account management across B2B, B2C and multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Strong copywriting and content creation experience
- Ability to work to strict timelines
- Experience with reporting on marketing activity
- Knowledge of the region and relationships with key partners is very advantageous