Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Looking for something dynamic, forward-thinking? Are you a Marketing professional who is passionate about the West Midlands and helping to drive tourism to the region?
We are working with the West Midlands Growth Company exclusively, assisting with the hire of a Marketing Manager, in a transformative role, managing the strategic direction, planning and delivery within the Visitor Attraction team. The breadth of destination marketing will be covered by this role, from strategic relationship development, B2C and B2B marketing, domestic and international campaign management, brand application, trade and press events, press and PR, website and digital development and management and social media strategy.
Play a pivotal role in driving the West Midlands region forward. A unique opportunity to work for the region's Destination Management Organisation, as it leverages the tourism opportunities and global profile created by the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to attract tourism and bring prosperity to the region.
We are looking for someone with a strong commercial focus and a huge passion for marketing, who will bring bags of initiative.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Creating, planning and launching multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Destination marketing and communications across business and leisure tourism sectors in the West Midlands
- Team management and motivation of a team of 2 specialists across tourism Marketing, Digital and Communications
- Manage accounts and integrated campaigns/projects, ensuring all work is proof-read, complies with brand
- Supporting the domestic and international cultural campaign work packages
- Budget management
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Communications Manager with the Commonwealth Games Business and Tourism Programme tourism marketing strategy & delivery
- Manage and maintain close working partnerships with VisitBritain and CWG Organising Committee marketing teams
- Evidence of strategic approach and development of tactical marketing activity always underpinned by, and responsive to, research and intel
- Proven experience of working on full-mix marketing campaign within a B2C environment
- Experience across the full marketing mix
- Degree in marketing or equivalent (CIM, IDM).
- The ability to keep calm under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Proven experience of managing a team of marketing, digital and communications professionals
- Be creative and have an innovative approach