Greater Manchester, England
4 months ago
Manufacturing Engineer - Greater Manchester - Fabrication
Are you an Manufacturing Engineer with a background in fabrication and the design of jigs and fixtures? If so, a Defence organisation based in the Greater Manchester area who manufacture special purpose equipment are looking for you!
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible developing a proactive performance improvement culture to drive consistency of product quality and delivery. Application Engineering, Jig & Fixture design, Continuous Improvement and NPI Engineering activities will also form the incumbent's primary focus.
The Manufacturing Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and implement quality manufacturing improvement programmes
- Implement a customer focused and an operational improvement culture delivering world class customer service levels
- Co-ordinate cross functional team activities to optimise cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes
- Support and lead structured problem solving and process improvement activities
- Provide design for manufacturing input at early stages in the NPI process
- Coordinate with the NPI team to implement new and revised designs and constructing effective processes
- Support project management across all disciplines required for project completion
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times
Skills required or Manufacturing Engineer:
- Ideally educated to Bachelor level or equivalent experience, in a Mechanical Engineering discipline HND, or an Advanced/Higher Apprenticeship in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Able to design jigs and fixtures to a high standard (Tool Room background would be ideal)
- Experience gained operating in complex engineering environments
- Strong fabrication background and an understanding of welding processes would be highly advantageous
- Planning experience using SAP and Ideally Trained in SAP
- Structuring BOMs from Drawing to Manufacture
The Manufacturing Engineer role offers a strong benefits package combined with a highly competitive salary.
If you would like to know more, please apply or contact Neil Cayley on 0121 752 9921 / 07527257851 or email