£99000 - £100000.00 per annum + + Bonus, Pension and Package
26 days ago
Managing Director - Drayton Manor Resort Limited
GRG Executive Search has been retained exclusively to work with the Leadership Team at Drayton Manor Theme Park to source their next Managing Director. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a UK household name and key local employer following the acquisition by Looping Group last year.
Drayton Manor is a Theme Park, Hotel and Zoo, located near the town of Tamworth and hosting around 1 million visitors per year. The site is also home to an on-site 150 bedroom 4* hotel which opened in 2011, and various catering outlets. Drayton Manor currently sees a turnover of c. £30m p.a.
Looping is a European group of regional leisure parks, encompassing aquariums, animal parks, amusement parks and water parks. Operating in France, the UK, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Germany, Spain and Portugal, they aim to become the European leader in the regional leisure park market.
The Managing Director will direct Drayton Manor's operations and ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Looping Group management and the local management team to provide effective leadership, objective insight and judgement on performance.
Basic Salary of Circa £100,000.
Bonus, pension, investment opportunity post-probation, free ticket allocation and significant on-site discounts.
- Overseeing the management of all operational functions, including marketing, sales, finance, development, cleanliness, HR, safety, risk management and guest relations.
- Bringing independent judgement on business performance and monitoring progress.
- Managing customer experience.
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan alongside Looping Group.
- Ensuring that facilities are maintained in accordance with standards and regulations.
- Ensuring a safe environment for employees and the public.
- Alongside the park's Finance Director, overseeing the park's finances: budget, financial control, labour hours, operating cost and inventory.
- Creating a 'public face' for external leadership.
- Displaying exemplary standards of conduct and creating a positive impact with customers, industry groups, professional advisers, banks and suppliers
- Instilling a 'can do' culture.
- Delivering performance improvement, placing safety and outstanding customer experience as a key priority.
- Developing world-class governance across legal, financial, health and safety.
- Supporting and demonstrating park procedures and company core values.
The Managing Director will show a passion for Drayton Manor and the wider industry and be comfortable in an ambassadorial role. They will have experience of providing sound, independent judgement to effect positive change.
The right candidate will:
- Maintain energy and enthusiasm, listen to a wide range of views and make effective leadership decisions.
- Demonstrate a highly professional and commercial approach to all business contacts.
- Demonstrate a robust and resilient style, yet be sensitive to the points of view of others with different perspectives.
- Be quick to build trust and respect in external and internal relationships, behaving in a consistent and fair manner.
- Be either personally creative, or capable of recognising and harnessing the creativity of others.
Experience and Skills
- A successful track record of senior leadership.
- Experience of external representation, delivering presentations and managing multiple stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of the direct-to-consumer environment, with a successful track record of growing multi-functional revenue streams and customer footfall.
- A well-developed awareness of the profound impact of technology, and the ability to take advantage of related opportunities.
- Effective strategic planning, vision and goal setting.
- Experience and understanding of financial matters.
- Customer awareness: understands their needs and how best to meet them.
- Analytical: breaks down challenges into their essential parts.
- Risk aware: understands the importance of risk in decision making.
- Listening: considers and reflects on other stakeholders perspectives and contributes to decisions in the best interests of all.
- Strategic influencing: alternates influencing strategies to gain support.
- Relationship building: creates and maintains strong relationships with external parties.
- Adaptive behaviour: maintains effective performance in changing circumstances.
- Conflict management: resolves issues in a way that gains respect.
- Concern for excellence: focuses on high quality outcomes for all.
- Initiative: actively seeks opportunities without direction from others.
- Critical information seeking: makes data-driven decisions.
- Results focused: sets clear targets and expectations.
- Goals and values: operates within a strong value framework.
- Focus: prioritises and concentrates on key issues to drive improvement.
Reporting to Looping Group Directors, the Managing Director must establish and build a strong, effective and a constructive working relationship with Looping Group, Drayton Manor Executive Management team and all DM teams.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religion, education, socioeconomic background, disability or sexual orientation to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.