Management Accountant - Wokingham
Hybrid working (2-3 days in the office)
Salary Guide: £36,000 - £40,000 + 22 days holiday (rising with experience) + full study support + healthcare + flexible benefits
We are delighted to be supporting our well established, highly acquisitve client, who are keen to recruit a Management Accountant for this multi-site property client.
A genuinely exciting opportunity for a part qualified ACCA or CIMA studying accountant preferably at the earlier stages of your career to join one of the UK's leading property specialists. This is a brand-new role within the finance team and will be pivotal in ensuring the successful financial integration of the next phase of their ambitious acquisition plan
Their continued success means they have substantial plans to expand and they are looking for talented and proactive individuals who will embrace the company ethos and further enhance the professional, high-quality and personal service that they provide.
Working closely with the Finance Manager and Head of Finance, this role will bolster our current acquisition strategy from an operational finance perspective; from the due diligence process through to completion and finally to migration onto LRG systems and integration into their reporting.
Principal responsibilties as the Management Accountant
- Collaborate and build relationships with the acquired finance team to ensure a smooth handover process
- Attendance post completion at acquisition sites to meet the team and understand and document finance processes and controls (or via Teams)
- Support current finance team to prepare monthly management accounts or where appropriate take ownership for accounting entries to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations or where appropriate take ownership of this process and challenge balance held for completeness and accuracy
- Ensuring the smooth transition of accounting procedures from the newly acquired entity into their accounting system and their group reporting post integration
- Support the preparation of completion accounts for the newly acquired businesses and ensure the correction apportionment of revenue and costs between pre and post completion.
- Ensure all accounting entries are posted into Group accounts to reflect the acquisition and the new investment.
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary of costs and revenues to Finance Management and Business Regional Directors specifically inspect of performance versus budget.
- Timely investigation and response to Director queries on the management accounts
- Be involved in the preparation of the Statutory Accounts and schedules for Audit and assist with queries from the group's auditors during the annual audit process
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries from the acquisitions or integrations
Essential background to be considered:
- UK resident and UK experience (ideally you will live in commuting distance from Wokingham)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Excellent IT skills - Experience of Microsoft suite of products, Word, Excel etc.
- Attention to detail
- Must be proactive
- Strong Team Player
- Keen to learn and improve processes
- ACCA or CIMA Part Qualified or Finalist
- Experience of working in a sales orientated industry
- Hands on experience of acquisition integration
This is a superb role, where you can bring to the finance team, your current knowledge and experience and be able to add value and passion for the Management Accounting field. My client is able to offer a great benefits package, career progression and full paid for study support. Currently the team are in the office 2 days per week, so hybrid working is in place for all staff. Please contact me for full details on this superb Management Accounts role.