£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
24 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a UK wide highly acquisitive business based in Tamworth with their search to recruit an ambitious, part qualified Management Accountant on a permanent basis. Depending on experience you can expect a salary between £30,000 - £40,000 per annum + study support.
The successful Management Accountant will be supporting the Financial Controller to drive the controls agenda across all business brands and finance teams. Alongside this you will also have responsibility for the management accounting and financial reporting for the business operating over circa 80 sites.
This is much more than your typical, monthly Management Accounts opportunity, the Financial Controller will provide you opportunities to get involved with some exciting projects, where you will start to see value add from the offset.
This Management Accountant role would best suit someone who is process and solutions driven, can think outside the box who is looking to become the next Financial Controller for the group.
Management Accountant Duties :
- Ensure all Group reporting timetables are met, and accounting procedures are maintained.
- Produce monthly management accounts - Profit and loss and Balance sheet and weekly cashflow.
- Review and reconcile all balance sheet accounts - Including Sundry debtors, Sundry Creditors, Intercompany, etc.
- Work closely with sales and operational management teams to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Preparation of accounting entries, including accruals & prepayments
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns via the companies MTD portal, responsibility for preparation of information supporting corporation tax packs as required at year end for Group reporting.
- Working closely with Financial Controller to identify and eliminate control weakness across all areas of finance.
- Work closely with all finance teams to ensure adequate records are maintained in line with group and statutory requirements.
- Authoring of policy and procedure documents to support our financial controls improvement agenda.
- Working with finance colleagues to implement new policies and procedures, providing coaching and training as needed.
- Will be a key member of the longer term implementation team for the adoption of single ERP solution for the business unit.
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience:
- Part ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Self-motivated and driven, with a good understanding of broad business finance requirements and deliverables.
- Ability to develop and adapt finance procedures as the division moves through change.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet month end timetables and competing deadlines.
- Attention to detail, and an eye for opportunity in challenging costs.
To apply for the Management Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.