Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000 - £42000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Management Accountant - Birmingham - 35 - 42k
Are you looking to move away from just posting journals and keen to do more value add responsibilities with the business?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a service provider in Birmingham with the recruitment of a Management Accountant who can support a challenging area of the business with insight into the make-up, risk and projected profile of all revenue streams, and then provide recommendations on how to improve.
This is a great opportunity for a Par / Newly Qualified Accountant who enjoys challenging and influencing in their current role but is fed up of the frustrations of somebody else taking credit for their detailed analysis. It also offers an opportunity to build a business partnering skillset with stakeholders who will expect you to be an expert and their go to person on all finance matters.
Management Accountant in Birmingham responsibilities:
- Produce accurate, timely and meaningful financial management reporting on a daily, weekly and periodic basis to ensure the Operations team receive management information in an efficient manner to assist in all commercial and financial decision making
- Front line financial support to the Operations team, operating as the key Finance representative on relevant steering groups and project teams
- Take ownership of the business financial results, being the established expert in the performance of this business unit.
- Provide the necessary financial input to promote over performance and address under performance working with the Operations team and the other members of the Commercial Finance team to review actual financial performance and produce rolling forecasts
- Establish effective working relationships with all senior members of the Operations and wider teams to develop credible knowledge and understanding of the organisations challenges and its opportunities
- Establish effective relationships with other relevant people such as our core Finance function
- Challenge and help to shape best practice for the Back Office function and the other business partners
- Other ad hoc reporting/project work within the Commercial Finance team as and when required
Is the Management Accountant in Birmingham role right for me?
This is a great opportunity for a Part / Newly Qualified Accountant who is looking to build on their Management Accounts experience and start to take more ownership of the numbers.
Management Accountant in Birmingham Package:
- £35,000 - £42,000
- Private Health care