£30000 - £40000 per annum + study support
about 1 year ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside a business based in Nottingham as they look to recruit a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
This role is paying between £30,000 and £40,000 depending on experience plus study support, fantastic management and a flat structure opening up multiple routes for personal development.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for assisting in the production of monthly management accounts as well as acting as assisting the Business Partner in providing support to non-finance with regards to commercial decision making.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation and production of monthly management accounts and weekly performance reports.
- Provide management reports and analysis to the Head of Finance.
- Assist with budget and forecast processes and preparation.
- Investigation and analysis of the management accounts and business performance, identifying and explaining any variances.
- Controlling and reporting on the use of company credit cards and petty cash.
- Processing journals and undertaking balance sheet reconciliations.
Skills and Experience
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Understanding of accruals and prepayments
- Previous experience within an Assistant Management Accountant role or similar
- Experience of working within a demanding and fast paced finance environment
- Able to convey complex financial information in a simplified manner
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel