£55000.00 - £60000 per annum + bonus / pension / phi
23 days ago
Job Title Management Accountant
Reports to Financial Reporting Manager
Location Hybrid: Frimley /Remote
This award winning PE backed SaaS client are looking for confident, positive finance professional. If you are serious and ambitious about developing your career and gain experience and exposure to all levels of this business, this really is a superb opportunity.
Recognised for professional development, career supporting technical, commercial and rewarding opportunity.
Reporting into the Financial Reporting Manager, you will be a key member of a mid sized finance team responsible for supporting the month end close. You will provide commercially key analysis and support for both internal and external reporting requirements. .
Okay, everyone states Business Partnering but this will be fundamental within the role. Developing and forming key relationships with the wider business in a true business partnering capacity to support the growth strategy is vital.
There are technical reporting aspects to the position too but this really is ideal for someone who wants a broad and wide reaching finance role, while providing an opportunity to gain technical expertise and develop their communication skills.
The role will suit someone with a strong work ethic and who is looking to make an immediate impact on an exciting growth-stage company.
- Calculation of monthly accruals and prepayments
- Fixed asset management, calculation of depreciation and amortisation
- Calculation of bad debt provision, preference share interest
- Preparation of analysis for inclusion in the monthly Management accounts
- Review of payroll reports
- Balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Business partnering:
- Holding monthly budget review meetings with budget owners to discuss actuals vs. forecast to support cost control and help anticipate potential deviations from budget
- Business partnering with senior managers to provide ad-hoc support and financial analysis to help drive business performance
- Statutory accounts and audit:Working closely with the external auditors to provide backup support requested for the annual accounts, including preparation of adjustments required to convert management to statutory accounts (eg IFRS16)
- Preparation of statutory accounts under IFRS
- Other ad-hoc finance projects
Background / Skills:
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA (will consider 1st move from Practice)
- Experience in management and statutory accounts reporting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large datasets and modelling skills (pivot tables, filtering , lookups etc)
- Strong analytical, communication and influencing skills (both written and oral), preferably with commercial exposure in previous roles
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven self-starter with experience of being able to work independently, juggling/prioritising workloads to meet deadlines without comprising the quality of work
- Positive proactive can do work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritise across many different tasks
- To have a friendly, approachable and collaborative attitude to work
- To be flexible, adaptable and a self-motivated worker
- Effective at planning and organising
- Strong attention to detail, yet also showing ability to surface the key material issues
- Ability to learn quickly