Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Birmingham in search of a Management Accountant. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant/analyst to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Management Accountant you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Providing timetable updates as timelines for month end close are improved
- Build strong relationships with various teams to take a joined up, proactive approach to avoid budget overspends.
- To act as a financial leader within the section team through insight and challenge.
- Ensure productivity targets are met through accurate forecasting & tracking.
- Drive visibility & cost control around current and future spend patterns across the section with a focus on the forward-looking implications of overspends.
- Challenge the section team to ensure an efficient balance between preferred and required.
- Track the section headcount and challenge temporary labour and overtime.
- Coach section teams in order to own and control their productivity delivery.
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a Management Accountant previously:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied Accountancy/Economics/Business at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary up to £55,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!