Keen to speak with part qualified Accountants to join a family owned business based in Uttoxeter, to join their large finance team as a Management Accountant supporting 3 business units.
Depending on experience the successful candidate can expect a salary between £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + study support.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, a vacancy has arisen for a Management Accountant who will take on a diverse range of responsibilities across a number of business units. The successful candidate will have a strong academic background and be looking to take the opportunity to develop and progress within a fast moving and exciting commercial environment.
This new role is very hands on and will be key in delivering accurate and timely financial data and reporting in accordance with the Group Finance Calendar which will provide the business units the right level of information to support profitable growth.
This role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and the chance of future development opportunities.
Your Responsibilities as an Management Accountant:
- Control of weekly purchase records and reconciliation of till receipts back to bank.
- Manual sales invoicing - weekly raising of membership and on account invoices.
- Preparation and submission of weekly debt reports
- VAT returns and reconciliation - monthly / quarterly VAT calculation and reporting to Group Taxation.
- Intercompany reconciliation - monthly statement reconciliation and mismatch resolution.
- Bank reconciliation - weekly cash postings, leading to the month end bank reconciliation and reporting to Group Finance
- Support the Accounts Payable function as and when required.
- External supplier statement reconciliation.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Posting journals
- Assisting with other month end activities as required.
We are seeking candidates who are CIMA/ACCA part qualified with previous experience of working in a finance function.
You will be organised and flexible, with a good eye for detail, and can work independently or as part of a team. With the communication skills to work with staff at all levels of the organisation, you'll be confident, professional and prepared for new challenges. A high level of numeracy is required and you must be confident in using Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, SUMIFS, VLOOKUPS etc.). Previous experience in using SAP is desired.
To apply for the Management Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.