Gleeson Recruitment Group are working in partnership with this growing, well-respected SME manufacturing business in Northampton, who are recognised for their excellent and progressive working culture, to recruit a Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be a key member of the finance team. You will be working closely with Finance Manager to prepare accurate and timely monthly management accounts including investigating and explaining variances against budgets and forecasts and taking part in month end review calls with senior management. You will provide support with budgeting, forecasting and weekly cashflow preparations, proactively business partnering across different departments in the business to identify value adding opportunities. You will also be responsible for preparation and submission of VAT returns and various other ad hoc tasks and analysis as required.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including maintenance of prepayments, accruals and stock.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in completing internal and external audit processes.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations, costings, posting & reconciliation of accruals.
- Cashflow reporting and forecasting.
- Finance partnering with Operations to help support more informed decision making across the business.
- Quarterly preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Investigating and explaining variances against budgets and forecasts including any supporting analysis.
- Identifying and driving improvements and efficiencies within current processes and reporting.
- Providing support to the wider Finance division.
- Part or fully qualified (ACCA/ACA) - ex audit/practice background is preferred. First movers from practice will be considered.
- A confident communicator who can develop relationships across all business functions.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels with finance and non-finance individuals.
- Experience of being a productive and valuable member of the team.
- Desire and ability to drive improvements and create efficiencies.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office and strong Excel skills.
- A positive 'can do' attitude and strong interpersonal skills demonstrating high level of integrity.
- Experience within an SME setting and ERP systems would be advantageous.
- £40,000 - £50,000 salary dependant on experience
- Hybrid working, 3 days a week working from home
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Free on-site parking
- Lifestyle benefits
- Career progression
Want to hear more? Please apply direct, or call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718.