Much Wenlock, Shropshire
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a successful SME based in Much Wenlock with their need to recruit a Management Accountant on a permanent basis. Salary up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Due to significant growth over the last couple of years, the Head of Finance is looking for assistance with accounting adjustments and monthly reconciliations after reporting is complete. This Management Accountant position would best suit someone who is happy staying within Management Accounts, who understands when an error occurs with excellent problem solving skills.
The successful Management Accountant will be welcomed into a friendly working environment, on the rural outskirts of Telford - ability to drive is a must.
Hours - 8:30am - 5pm (flexible) Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank, with the option to purchase additional holiday
Management Accountant duties:
- Take responsibility for preparing management accounts in an accurate and timely manner, including variance and scenario analysis.
- Conduct cash flow management and forecasting, ensuring funds are in the right place at the right time.
- Undertake period end P&L and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Undertake period end journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Prepare, reconcile and submit VAT returns
- Review and control payment runs.
- Review period end P&L and balance sheet reconciliations for other companies as required.
- Provide support and advice to business units.
- Prepare any ad hoc reports, analysis and project work as may be required from time to time.
- Constantly review and challenge the reporting and transactional process.
- Undertake additional ad hoc duties/ projects as and when required.
In order to be successful in your application for this Management Accountant role you will need:
- Management Accountant experience including reconciliations, forecasting and board reporting.
- Good knowledge of best practice and processes of all transactional aspects of accounting.
- Accounting software knowledge and experience.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular excel.
- To be an excellent communicator with a 'can do' attitude.
To apply for the Management Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.