Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a Multi-site organisation in Birmingham City Centre who are looking for a Management Accountant to join their team, with an aim of supporting a Finance Manager this position will see a part qualified accountant take more responsibility in monthly management accounts, engaging with the wider finance team and supporting operational managers across the business.
The role will sit within a team who are managing multi-million pound contracts and will offer an opportunity to develop the skillset needed to develop into a Finance Business Partner role / Finance Analyst in the future. Due to the nature of the role, it will offer a wealth of hands on accounting exposure, whilst also providing exposure to strict reporting deadlines and interaction with Senior Stakeholders.
The company pride themselves in developing talented individuals and look to set up learning and development plans which can include mentoring schemes, management and leadership courses and training days to ensure talented individuals are constantly developed.
Salary Up to £35k depending on experience
Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Provide financial support, analysis and challenge to the business including financial performance reports and decision support analysis
- To maintain the integrity of the businesses accounting transactions and ensure anomalies / variances are resolved
- Assist in the production of the company's management accounts to agreed deadlines, specifically supporting the Operations department
- Work independently with the wider business to support budget and forecast preparation
- Updating fixed asset register
- Working with the wider team to support with audit information
Ideally you'll be they type of person who enjoys taking ownership and accountability for your role, with initiative and willingness to take on new aspects of the role.