Kingswinford, West Midlands
£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum + + study support
about 1 month ago
Have you just completed your AAT? Do you want to build on your Management Accounts experience?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a success business based in Kingswinford and assisting with their search to source an additional Management Accountant for their Commercial Team. Reporting into the Commercial Financial Controller, the successful candidate will own the accuracy and quality of the monthly P&L and support the financial reporting requirements for both the financial and commercial accounting teams. As a Management Accountant you can expect a salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum.
Management Accountant duties:
- Produce monthly profit and loss account and variance report with commentary for the Financial Accountant.
- Review operational income and expenditure and post journals as required to ensure accuracy of monthly reporting is maintained to a high standard.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting insightful and accurate trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances.
- Responsible for monitoring service charge recovery and explaining shortfalls.
- Ensuring cost recharging to tenants is undertaken where applicable.
- Work with Commercial Accountants to produce performance reports for Asset Managers / Sector Directors quarterly reviews along with rolling property P&L forecasts.
Successful attributes of a Management Accountant:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to liaise and communicate with senior management and people from a non-finance background
- Be highly numerate and analytical with the ability to gather, manipulate and present large quantities of data effectively
- Be well-organised, with strong organisational skills and able to develop and monitor plans to consistently meet agreed deadlines
- Should be commercially aware with the ability to challenge costs on all levels.
- "Can do" approach with strong initiative and drive
- Willingness to challenge and critically analyse information.
To apply for the Management Accounts position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.