Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000 - £29000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We're currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant for a large organisation in Birmingham City Centre who are looking for a keen CIMA or ACCA studier with an aim of supporting the senior accountants in the preparation of monthly management accounts, reporting and working to deadlines.
The role will sit within a team who are enthusiastic and key to supporting all business operational activities. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Finance business partners and get involved with projects.
Management Accountant Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely recording of entries to the general ledger
- Review entries to the cost / profit centres
- Month end close process - analysing transactions and preparing journals
- Prepare general ledger reconciliation
- Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss
- Internal and External reporting
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Working with the credit team on preparation of invoicing
- Assist with year end audit and preparation of financial statements
- Update and develop processes and procedures for management accounting
- Ensure regulatory compliance
Ideally, you will be they type of person who enjoys taking ownership and accountability for your role, with initiative and willingness to take on new aspects of the role. You will be a team player keen on working towards a mutual end goal. You will be technologically savvy with a flair for using Excel.
You will be part qualified with 1 - 2 years relevant finance experience to step into this role and progress your career and work towards becoming a qualified accountant.