£40000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Are you part qualified or newly qualified and looking for the next step in your career? Do you have experience working in a manufacturing environment and understand cost accounting?
I am currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to work for a large manufacturing business based in Bristol. You will be second in command in finance on site and reporting to the site accountant, working in a team of 5.
This is an urgent requirement and the organisation are looking to interview ASAP
As Management Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for determining and keeping up to date the cost of all site activity, including raw materials, packaging and ingredients, labour, distribution, etc
- Responsible for maintaining an up to date set of product and activity standards for the site
- To use this set of standards in maintaining a live 'value tree' model for use across site
- Present performance analysis of actual results v standard to the site senior management team on a regular basis
- Investigate and effectively communicate reasons for under/over performance against standard
- Support the monthly financial forecast process by providing forecasted cost reports
- Working with the Continuous Improvement team to provide project support, including costing out and valuing proposed project benefits and post project reviews.
As Management Accountant you will have:
- Experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified is preferable, however part qualified will be considered if the candidate has suitable experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular an excellent knowledge of Excel, including vlookups, index matching, data sorting, pivot tables
- Experience of working cross functionally and in communicating complex financial data in a variety of ways
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business
If you are keen on finding out more about this role please get in touch at email@example.com or 07772863418