Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + benefits
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in south Birmingham in search of a Management Accountant. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant/analyst to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Management Accountant you will report into the head of the department and will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare, review and process month-end journals (accruals, prepayments, allocations, etc.).
- Develop and provide a business partnering service to our Sales & Commercial Teams.
- Prepare & review balance sheet reconciliations including full reconciliation of product, deferred revenue & deferred cost. Highlighting, analysing, understanding and resolving variances
- Assist with the completion of year end statutory accounts and reconciliations to the management accounts
- Assist with the budgeting & forecasting process
- Strive for continuous improvement to the finance systems and processes.
- Support the organisation with its strategic projects
- Ensure the national statistics office returns are completed on time.
- Be accountable for other ad hoc tasks required by the business
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a Management Accountant previously, or are ready to make their first move following from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied Accountancy/Economics/Business at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary up to £45,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!