Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £40000.00 per annum + + benefits
5 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with a market leading business in Birmingham in search of a Management Accountant. This is a new position that offers great progression opportunities as well as fantastic exposure to unique and exciting projects to the West Midlands region. They require an ambitious, commercially-minded accountant/analyst to join their business to support across a variety of functions. This is an exciting position that will allow the successful individual to progress later in their career and have tangible influence of the company's future strategy.
As Management Accountant you will report into the head of the department and is responsible for the following:
- Managing a team including one to ones, development and appraisals
- Preparation and delivery of monthly management accounts, including accruals, prepayments, inter-company adjustments and balance sheet schedules for client entities, including overall management of month end process.
- Month end analysis of rent, rates, VSR expenditure and rent, rates income on a trend basis and against budget/forecast.
- Sign off the control and balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations providing high level commentary of movement and highlighting risk/opportunities.
- Cash management - cash forecasts, working capital forecasts, funding requests and proactive monitoring of cash levels against forecast payments.
- Review and delivery of monthly IFRS 16 reporting.
- Ensure all KPI and delivery deadlines are met throughout the month.
- Deliver additional ad hoc reports/analysis as required by the client.
- Liaising with the client to identify requirements whilst managing expectations.
- Coordinating the inputs from all teams to ensure accurate reporting.
- Continual reviews of processes, systems & controls to ensure that QA is being adhered to.
The ideal candidate for this role may have already acted as a management accountant previously, or is ready to make their second move following a move from practice to industry:
- Qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong ability to business partner & influence stakeholders.
- Experience within new projects.
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to interpret financials into meaningful business recommendations.
- Ideally studied accountancy at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of £40,000 + benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Eligibility for a generous bonus scheme
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!