Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Bonus
4 months ago
Management Accountant - Birmingham - 45-55k
Do you love a growing manufacturing environment and have a passion for really getting behind the numbers, but also enjoy 2/3 days working from home - This could be a great stepping stone on the route to Financial Controller.
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with an International manufacturing organisation in Birmingham who are looking for a Management Accountant who can work closely with the Financial Controller to deliver accurate and detailed management accounts. The role will be varied and suit a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) who has previous experience in a fast paced manufacturing plant and enjoys a growing environment where there are plenty of opportunities to improve processes and add value.
The role sits within a rapidly expanding division that has seen the leadership team challenged further with additional business units, and has provided an opportunity for an ambitious Management Accountant to step into this role to support the business with detailed analysis and really own the numbers before progressing into the Financial Controller in 12 - 18 months. To ensure this happens anyone applying for the role needs to understand that the expectation is high with regards to individual performance and a willingness to go above and beyond the job description.
The right person for this role will need to be Qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) (Ideally with at least 2 year post qual) with experience gained within a hands on manufacturing environment, or previous experience working in practice with manufacturing clients. The hunger to progress will be key and a real analytical mindset with an aim of using the management accounts to provide insight and building relationships across the operational teams.
Management Accountant responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and detailed financial forecasts in readiness for Group submission within the pre-defined timescales
- Support the ongoing development of the rolling monthly forecasting process and quarterly Group forecasting process.
- Produce in depth, challenging and competent financial analysis and support to the business
- Seek to continuously improve accounting activities and controls/ processes for the business implementing agreed improvements.
- Monthly Cost of Sales Analysis.
- Review; improve and design accounting and related system reports and processes for accuracy and completeness and ensure adherence to accounting practices as outlined by the department
- Act as a key contact and liaison with external audit teams, producing the relevant work papers and analysis to support on the statutory accounts and tax pack preparation.
Management Accountant Package:
- £45,000 - £55,000
- 25 days holiday
- Private Medical
- 2/3 days WFH