An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, hands on, qualified Management Accountant, for our client based in Banbury. Reporting to the Commercial Accounting Manager, you will have responsibility for a number of weekly and monthly reporting tasks. Working closely with operational teams, you will analyse the performance of the P&L, prepare budgets, forecasts and play a client facing role. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and grow the role, and support the operation in understanding the key drivers for success.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified (ACCA/CIMA) candidate who preferably has experience in the logistics or manufacturing industries. The key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Manage the weekly production of costings for several P&Ls
- Submit weekly costings and KPI information to operational teams and head office
- Creation and maintenance of accurate MI for the operational team
- Produce monthly management accounts for all profit centres
- Investigate and explain variances in the management accounts
- Produce monthly review pack of financial and operational management information for discussion with customers at review meetings
- Produce annual budgets and periodic reforecasts for all profit centres
- Invoice and credit control customers and update company cash forecast
- Deal with site suppliers including self-billing subcontract hauliers on a weekly basis
- Maintain accurate purchase ordering
- Numerous ad-hoc reports and project tasks as required (from the Site General Manager / Commercial Accounting Manager)
- Some travel to other UK sites
To be considered, you will be a fully qualified accountant (QBE not considered at this stage), with advanced Excel, and experience in accounts preparation, including journals, accruals, prepayments, depreciation and income deferral. You will be comfortable working remotely, as you will be reporting on an off-site manager.
This business knows how to reward their employees. In return, you will receive a salary of Circa £40,000, plus fantastic benefits including 10% bonus (based on company performance), generous pension, 25 days holiday, private medical, flexible working, free on site parking plus more.
For further information, please apply direct or call Sophie Evans, Gleeson Recruitment, on 07812 079718.