£33500.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits
about 2 months ago
1 Year Contract
Management Accountant - Twickenham
My client a well established and successful organisation in the hospitality industry require a Management Accountant to join their established team for a 1 year maternity cover contract. You will support the Finance Manager with the ongoing review and implementation of the accounting controls for the business.
Overview of the role:
You will look after all aspects of the accounting and reporting of the Joint Venture contracts ensuring sales performance is reported and tracked on a weekly basis, cost controls are in place and sales / profit are budgeted accurately. You will endeavour to work closely with the Operations Manager and Event Sales Manager overseeing these contracts.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Ongoing development of the weekly sales reporting for all Joint Venture contracts.
- Work with Operations to review cost budgets agreed with Joint Ventures. Ensure spend is in line with agreed budgets and charges to Joint Ventures are made as soon as possible post event.
- Process weekly payroll for temporary staff for the business
- Review event budgets on a regular basis and communicate any concerns regarding achievement of forecast profit as soon as possible
- Monthly reconciliation of the Balance Sheet ensuring all balances are understood, investigated and resolved if necessary.
- Work closely with the commercial team to report profitability on all the sourced events.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of budgets and forecasts that need to be submitted regularly
- Ensure adequate and appropriate financial controls, processes and procedures exist in respect of day-to-day financial functions
- Any other duties as directed by the Finance Manager.
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Strong Excel knowledge essential with exposure to charts
- Strong reconciliation and cost allocation experience gained in a similar role would be advantageous
- SAP experience desirable
Personal Qualities and competencies:
- Take a proactive approach to developing the role
- Disciplined, high level of integrity
- Attention to Detail
- "Can-Do" attitude,
- An ability to develop strong relationships across the operational business
- Willing to take on and promote "Responsibility of Ownership"
The successful applicant should be available at short notice and willing to commit to a contract for a years duration. For further information on this great opportunity please contact me directly.