£40000 - £45000 per annum + 25 days holiday + bens
about 1 month ago
14 months FTC
Management Accountant - 14 month maternity cover (ideally to start by middle of December 2023)
Reading based (outskirts) - free parking (2 days in the office, 3 days at home)
£40,000 - £45,000 + 25 days holiday + pension + health care
Gleeson Recruitment are delighted to be supporting our well-respected, high profile, multi-site business, seek an experienced Management Accountant for 14 months for a maternity role in Reading. This is a sole-charge Management Accountant position, where you will be supporting the business and the Head Of Finance with a variety of different accounting duties.
You will ideally be able to hit the ground running, and be an experienced Accountant, who can multi-task and add value to this £20 mn turnover B2B business who are work closely with their UK and International clients. You will also be available to start in the next 6 weeks and be able and happy to commit to a maternity cover role.
Your duties as a Management Accountant will include:
- Assisting the Head of Finance with the production and reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual Management Account Packs as well as statutory audit information
- Managing the technical finance requirements of the accounting system
- Assisting the Head of Finance with the maintenance of projects and contracts in order to ensure the integrity of revenue and margin reporting
- Assisting with the forward-looking financial processes such as forecasting, budgeting and long-term planning
- Preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts
- Maintaining the month end reconciliations and posting journals as per the closing task list (including fixed assets, inventory costs, journals, accruals, sales and bookings report, un-billed reconciliations, quarterly contract revenue report and completion of schedules in Hyperion
- Preparing schedules for annual audit
- Running the month end revenue recognition routines every Friday and also through the month to check performance to date
- Technical management of the accounting system, including rebuild of TB, pull through of opening balances for new financial year, maintaining GL accounts, finalisation of batches, managing integration's and clearing errors, maintaining time periods, hours and expenses interfacing, closing projects, process delivered contracts, and troubleshooting other system queries which have a finance element
- Involvement in project budget review cycles and maintaining the system with the correct budgets
- Maintain capex tracker of actual and forecast spend vs budget
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual Budgets and Long Term Plans
- Assisting with any other ad hoc financial duties as requested by the Site Manager or Financial Controller
The ideal Management Accountant will have the following profile:
- Part Qualified or Finalist or Qualified by Experience
- Experience in using an ERP system in a manufacturing environment potentially
- Experience of Long Term Contract Accounting and Inventory an advantage
- Minimum of two years previous experience in a role in similar Finance department
- Intermediate/Advanced level user of Excel
- Good attention to detail and happy to deal with the technical aspects of an ERP system
- Ability to communicate with staff from all levels within the business and with the US sites also
- Be available at short notice to start the role - or ideally by mid December and be able to commit to a 14 month role
This is a superb unique Management Accountant maternity cover opportunity, where you will have the opportunity to work closely with the wider finance team as well as the non-finance staff on site and be warmly welcomed by the business. MY client will offer superb benefits and hybrid working and flexible hours.
Please contact me for further information on this Management Accountant role baed in Reading, and for a full job specification, and my client will be able to move quickly on Cv's.