£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Benefits & Study Support
11 months ago
My client an innovative global manufacturing and engineering organisation based in Reading have a new opportunity for a Management Accountant due to the success and growth of the business. You will predominantly be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller with the production and reporting of monthly Management Account Packs, reporting and ad-hoc project work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and maintaining account reconciliations such as Fixed Assets, accruals and various reserves.
- Assisting with preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Review of monthly statement of costs incurred on Contract ledger.
- Regular review of budgets for all Contracts to ensure that they can be verified. Investigation into any significant variations to budget or movement to budgets from previous review.
- Preparation of required documentation to support valuation of Contracts to auditable quality.
- Liaising with internal departments (Purchasing, Engineering and Production) to determine estimated remaining costs to contract completion.
- Assisting with the preparation of journal entries
- Preparing schedules for annual audit
Qualifications & Experience:
- You will currently be studying towards ACCA or CIMA
- Intermediate/Advanced level user of Excel.
- Ability to communicate with staff from all levels within the business and with external customers and suppliers.
- Experience in using an ERP system in a manufacturing environment previously is essential.
You will enjoy working in a friendly and dynamic team within a hugely successful and innovative company. Providing a great working environment and excellent benefits.