£30000 - £33000 per annum + + plus overtime and bonus
about 1 month ago
Our client, a global leader in the design, manufacturer, and supply of steel wheels to the heavy industries is looking for additional maintenance engineers to join their engineering team to respond to equipment breakdowns and undertake preventative maintenance across their site.
- Rotating day shifts
- £33,000 basic, plus OT & Bonus. £40,000 OTE
- First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency break-down on plant, equipment
- Effectively manage break-down and/or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action in the following areas: PLC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Drives & Servos
- Liaise with team leaders, production and operations managers to inform them of progress of break-downs and preventative maintenance
- When situation demands source and collect from suppliers, replacement parts for emergency break-downs/equipment failures.
- Carry out a safe system of work for Predictive, Preventative and Planned Maintenance as required.
- Assist in carrying out modifications, improvement activities and other tasks to reduce machine down-time and improve safety at work.
- Carry out checks on machinery/plant/equipment in accordance with planned maintenance each month.
- Undertake replacement of worn parts either as required or on a regular replacement cycle.
- Undertake projects requested by the Engineering & Maintenance manager
- Apprentice trained/ time served engineer with recognised relevant industry qualification.
- Qualified to a minimum of 17th edition electrical qualification
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings.
- Experience working with CNC machinery and welding machinery
- Exposure or experience working with Siemens or Fanuc PLCs
- Experience in maintaining production and manufacturing equipment within heavy engineering industries
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.