Our client, a global household name is looking for maintenance technicians to work within their engineering function at their automated packing and distribution facility in Nuneaton. You will be responsible for fixing, maintaining, and improving equipment on site to make sure everything is operating as it should during our 24/7 function.
The Technician will be responsible for completing reactive and preventative works across the site on our production related equipment. Will be responsible for reporting defects to contractors, assisting contractors, keeping up to date on defect tickets raised on our CMMS system and following the site's H&S rules.
What you'll do:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on equipment
- Record completed PPMs within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Identify any defects that arise whilst completing the PPMs and undertake rectifications, including recording of actions taken within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Implement rapid reactions to breakdowns across the site
- Continually provide reactive support, to a high standard and within given timescale
- Supervise contractors ensuring works are completed in accordance with specification
- Always comply with all Health and Safety requirements of the site
- Work proactively to manage task volumes
- Identify problems with plant including efficiency and determine rectification measures
- Support with operational projects on an adhoc basis
- Be responsible for equipment including conveying systems with label applicators scanners, thermoforming equipment, in-line printers and other electrical equipment, and waste conveyors
- Observe and react to on-site BMS system such as meter readings and any set point changes
- Ensure COVID dividers are maintained and repaired/replaced when and where required including movement of any dividers as instructed
- Provide regular feedback to Production Support Lead on defects, outstanding issues and PPM on a regular basis
- Flag low stock levels to ensure inventory stays within min-max levels using our CMMS system
- Ensure the team is regularly checking and replacing any pick to light buttons for production.
- Maintain the Assembly lines and Kitting lines infrastructure
Who you are:
- Previous experience working within a maintenance team in the manufacturing sector
- You will have the ability to work alone and work methodically to fault find
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and think independently
- Previous experience using a CMMS system
- Desirable; Knowledge of PLCs, conveyors, sensors, pneumatics, and belts
- Desirable: Completed an apprenticeship or equivalent in electrical/mechanical discipline. 18th edition wiring regulations
- Desirable: Have a basic understanding of networking and switching.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively you can email for more information!
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.