£25000.00 - £30000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician aiding in the setup of a brand-new automated warehouse site to be responsible for fixing, maintaining and improving site equipment to within an FMCG environment.
This is a days-based role, 4 on 4 off 9am - 6pm
What you will be doing:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on plant and equipment
- Record completed PPMs within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Identify any defects that arise whilst completing the PPMs and undertake rectifications, including recording of actions taken within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Complete minor structural and electrical improvement works
- Breakdown response
- Continually provide reactive support when required, to a high standard and within given timescale
- Supervise contractors ensuring works are completed in accordance with specification. Report any issues with contractors to maintenance manager
- Work proactively to manage task volumes in conjunction with both the Facilities and Maintenance Manager, providing regular updates on task status
- Identify problems with plant including efficiency and determine rectification measures
- Equipment you will be responsible for will include; conveying systems with label applicators scanners, Thermoforming equipment, refrigeration plant (CO2), hi-speed roller doors, dock levelers, lighting, plumbing, access control, MHE and other electrical equipment, racking, comfort cooling, waste compactors and waste conveyors
- Observe and react to on-site BMS system such as meter readings and any set point changes
Who you are
- Previous experience working within a maintenance team in the manufacturing sector
- You will have some commercial mechanical or maintenance experience
- You will have the ability to work alone and work methodically to fault find
- Desirable; Knowledge of PLCs, conveyors, sensors, pneumatics, and belts, IPAF training, MHE training, background in refrigeration maintenance
- Desirable: Time served apprentice or equivalent in electrical/mechanical discipline. 18th edition wiring regulations
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and professional team working for a global brand then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position - and hold a valid UK passport due to the travel requirements of this role.