£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + + plus bonus
about 1 year ago
Our client, a global FMCG manufacturer based in Derby is looking to expand their engineering capacity with the addition of a new maintenance manager.
You will be responsible for all production related engineering content from project inception/delivery through to maintenance and service. In addition to this you will be responsible for all engineering standards across the site, including mechanical, control and electrical elements.
- Leading and directing the Engineering functions and communication to other stakeholders
- Agreeing KPIs and targets for the department including input into other departments with the Operations Manager to facilitate CI activities
- Contributing to the site roadmap content and timing
- Agreeing project schedules to meet the agreed site development roadmap
- All items of plant, equipment and infrastructure are maintained to the appropriate standards to ensure their performance is safe, reliable and in accordance with the principles of GMP
- Safety assessments are completed as part of any project scope documents
- Project implementation tracking and communication of progress
- Ensuring implemented projects are assessed prior to releasing to their future user
- Maintaining a high level of communication at all levels.
- Agree annual maintenance budgets with Operations Manager and maintain control of expenditure within this budget unless agreed as an exception
- Advise, coach and set goals and targets for the Engineering Team.
- Achievement of the Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- Ensure all functional safety inspections and tests are carried out in accordance with best practice (BS EN 60511)
- Ensure all ignition prevention measures are maintained and an improvement plan is being actioned
- COMAH checks completed
- All changes are adequately assessed through company Management of Change procedures
- Either Degree in Engineering or related subject or has gone through a recognised training route with significant experience in engineering/maintenance roles
- Proven FMCG operation experience, preferably in a liquid handling/filling environment
- Can demonstrate a sound project management philosophy and experience
- Line management experience in same\similar environment.
- Knowledge and application of UK regulatory standards.
- Knowledge and application of ISO14001, OHSAS18001 ISO9001 standards.
- Demonstrable experience in the management and leadership of engineering and maintenance staff.
- Will be achievement focused and able to work in a direct and often pressurised environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Undertaken regular, relevant personal development activities
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to lead a highly skilled and professional team, working for a global brand then please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can contact Connor Jones on to arrange a confidential discussion.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position - and hold a valid UK passport due to the travel requirements of this role.