Manchester, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
Maintenance Manager - Rail - Manchester
Are you a Maintenance Manager experienced operating in a heavy manufacturing environment and looking for your next role within an exciting and progressive organisation? If so, then we have the perfect role for you!
The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely management and maintenance of all company facilities, including all factory machinery at all three Manchester sites providing both a reactive and proactive multi-skill maintenance service on all operational equipment. You shall work in collaboration with the senior management team and other heads of department to ensure a robust PPM program in place. Ensuring adherence to health, safety and environmental legislation and company policies and procedures whilst undertaking project work that will utilise Lean Methodology and tools to optimise efficiency and profitability.
As the Maintenance Manager you be responsible for the following:
· Ensuring compliance to safety rules and procedures & quality standards and procedures.
· Co-ordinate with departmental heads, including maintenance team leaders to ensure all maintenance processes / tasks are on track
· Plan and execute building maintenance and operational programs for all facilities.
· Assist with the preparation of CAPEX expenditure requirements for new machinery as and when required.
· In conjunction with H&S Manager ensure that Risk Assessments are undertaken on all new machinery prior to becoming operational and safe systems of work are developed and adhered to as part of the commissioning process.
· Identify training needs for new and existing staff as part of their annual appraisal.
· Monitor, evaluate and revise as necessary the PPM schedules to ensure they meet the demands of the business to minimise machine down time.
- Create, report and monitor KPI's on PPM, downtime, deficiencies, and budgetary control
- Bachelor's degree of equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline / HND / BTEC Proficiency Level 5 or time served experienced operating in manufacturing / engineering environment
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification
- Green Belt Lean Practitioner qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
- Experience of managing budgets and budget forecast, including Cost Benefit Analysis
- Ability to focus on detail and understand overall effect of events and decisions
- Strong background in planned, preventative maintenance systems / software. (Example, Shire / Pirana).
- Previous experience within a CNC machine shop, automotive or rail industry
- Good PC skills - Excel, PowerPoint in particular.
If you would like to know more about the Maintenance Manager role then please contact Neil Cayley art Gleeson Recruitment at or call 07527257851