£30000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client, a global manufacturing business in Worcester is looking to expand their maintenance team with additional maintenance engineers on their night shift rotation.
Maintenance and repair of all production equipment, keeping down-time to an absolute minimum, whilst contributing to the safe and efficient running of production processes and cost-effective use of down-time.
- First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency break-down on plant, equipment and buildings diagnosing problems as quickly as possible.
- Effectively manage break-down and/or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action in the following areas; Robotics, PLC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Liaise with cell leaders, production and operations managers to inform them of progress of break-downs.
- When situation demands source and collect from suppliers, replacement parts for emergency break-downs/equipment failures.
- Carry out a safe system of work for Predictive, Preventative and Planned Maintenance as required.
- Assist in carrying out modifications, improvement activities and other tasks to reduce machine down-time and improve safety at work.
- In the absence of the supervisors, control contractors on site and issue/close Permits to Work.
- Carry out checks on machinery/plant/equipment in accordance with planned maintenance each month.
- Undertake replacement of worn parts either as required or on a regular replacement cycle.
- Undertake projects requested by the Chief Engineer and/or Engineering Manager.
- The successful candidate will need to be from a manufacturing background.
- Experience of working in an Automotive environment.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes, procedures, and hydraulic press machinery
- Recognised qualification e.g. ONC/HNC or equivalent apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings.
- Experience in PLC controls in Production and manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of Robotic systems
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion!
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.