Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
£40000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + plus overtime
about 1 month ago
Our client, a global manufacturing and engineering firm are looking to expand their site team with additional maintenance engineers to respond to equipment breakdowns and undertake preventative maintenance across their busy manufacturing site.
*days based and shift based positions available
- First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency break-down on plant, equipment
- Effectively manage break-down and/or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action in the following areas: PLC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Drives & Servos
- Liaise with team leaders, production and operations managers to inform them of progress of break-downs and preventative maintenance
- When situation demands source and collect from suppliers, replacement parts for emergency break-downs/equipment failures.
- Carry out a safe system of work for Predictive, Preventative and Planned Maintenance as required.
- Assist in carrying out modifications, improvement activities and other tasks to reduce machine down-time and improve safety at work.
- Carry out checks on machinery/plant/equipment in accordance with planned maintenance each month.
- Undertake replacement of worn parts either as required or on a regular replacement cycle.
- Undertake projects requested by the Engineering & Maintenance manager
- Apprentice trained/ time served engineer with recognised relevant industry qualification.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings.
- Exposure or experience working with various PLCs
- Experience in maintaining production and manufacturing equipment within heavy engineering industries
If you are interested in finding out more about this role - please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV or email for more information.
You must hold the right to work to apply for this position.