4 months ago
Our client, a leader in the automotive manufacturing industry are recruiting a maintenance engineer who will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all production equipment, keeping down-time to an absolute minimum, whilst contributing to the safe and efficient running of production processes.
- First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency break-down on plant, equipment and buildings diagnosing problems as quickly as possible.
- Effectively manage break-down and/or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action in the following areas; Robotics, PLC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
- Liaise with cell leaders, production and operations managers to inform them of progress of break-downs.
- When situation demands source and collect from suppliers, replacement parts for emergency break-downs/equipment failures.
- Carry out a safe system of work for Predictive, Preventative and Planned Maintenance as required.
- Assist in carrying out modifications, improvement activities and other tasks to reduce machine down-time and improve safety at work.
- Carry out checks on machinery/plant/equipment in accordance with planned maintenance each month.
- Undertake replacement of worn parts either as required or on a regular replacement cycle.
- Undertake projects requested by the Chief Engineer and/or Engineering Manager
- Recognised qualification e.g. ONC/HNC or equivalent apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- Computer system literate, favour in experience of CMMS, MS Office
- Experience in PLC controls in Production and manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of Robotic systems
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply now with your most recent and up-to-date CV. Alternatively, you can email to arrange a confidential discussion.