M&E Project Manager
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + car, bonus
3 months ago
Are you an experience Building Services / M&E Project Manager? Would you like the rare opportunity to work in-house as part of the developments team at a leading UK Hospitality company? If your answer is "Yes" then this is the role for you!
Life working for our client is fast paced and energetic, they work alongside major UK Brands (Starbucks, KFC, Subway and many more) over a nationwide network of sites. They're looking for a M&E / Building Services Project Manager to join them and play a key role in continuing their organic growth plans over the next 3-5 years.
What will your role look like?
As a M&E Project Manager you will be part of the UK Developments team, involved with co-ordination and delivery of the M&E package ensuring provision of a quality product, managed efficiently, safely and professionally; within set budgets and agreed timescales.
The role will consult & manage the Mechanical & Electrical aspects of developments from Planning, Utilities, Design & Construction and you will represent the client to ensure that all contractors are meeting the provisions listed above.
- Manage delivery of company purchased fit-out equipment and associated contractors
- Lead & Manage the M&E design & Co-ordination in line with building regulations
- Ensure Planning Permission compliance requirements are met
- Oversee the preparation of scopes and budgets, and tracking progress and spend as construction progresses, ensuring budgets are adhered to.
- Provide Weekly progress reporting to Senior Construction Manager (SCM)
- Provide assistance for SCM & QS to Negotiate and agree variations and final accounts
- Ensure that all statutory and company safety requirements are met, and ensure corporate governance responsibilities are adhered to by actively promoting best practice throughout the company, complying with Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure a safe working environment for employed, subcontractors and members of the public.
- Identify in advance a schedule of information required to meet the build programme and circulate as necessary.
- Monitor and inspect developments regularly to ensure that all quality control procedures are being adhered to and that the highest standards of build are being achieved.
- Attend relevant Build and Development meetings on site and keep the management team fully informed of site issues and progress
Ideally you will have:
- Degree educated ideally in mechanical and electrical / construction or similar disciplines with a minimum of 5PQE experience.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety working practices in construction.
- Ability to work within the constraints of a budget.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and working considerations
- Ability to work autonomously, yet effectively collaborate as part of a wider Development team.
- Confidence to challenge non-compliance.
If the above hasn't convinced you, can we twist your arm with this?
- Company Car Scheme
- 30 days Holiday (inc. BH) - entitlement increases with service
- Pension Scheme
- Employee discounts (50% off onsite KFC, BK, Starbucks and Pizza Express to name a few)
- Savings at hundreds of retailers including Currys PC World, Nike, Ikea, Tesco, Asda, Argos, Booking.com etc
- Career progression and brilliant training programmes
- Cycle to work scheme - salary sacrifice scheme allows you to save money on bikes - including ebikes
- Free onsite parking and charging at all sites