Birmingham, West Midlands
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
I'm currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager for a leading logistics organisation based in Birmingham. This organisation are extremely customer focused and achieve their goals by means of experience, state-of-the-art technologies, creativity, passion and a commitment to quality, innovation and having fun!
This is an organisation that are on a period of serious growth, and they are looking for a strong Key Account Manager to be part of the blueprint of their future. You will help mould, design and bring your expertise into the role and truly make it your own. The purpose of this highly visible role is to take responsibility for the delivery and development of new service solutions for key existing clients and new business wins.
This is not a sales role; you are not required to sell or upsell!
You will be expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to clients, as well as clearly communicate client requirements and goals within the business to obtain support, resources and to ensure the quality-of-service delivery.
In order to carry out this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Excellent working knowledge of warehouse and logistics operations including forward and reverse logistics
- Proven people manager, able to lead and develop their teams to meet strategic objectives
- Ability to extract meaningful data and preparing professional, business-focussed reports on the findings for senior management
- Experience of project management and implementation of physical distribution operations
- Ability to analyse results, identify and explain any variance from targets
Primary Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Commercial - Pricing and value for money
- Project Management - managing large scale new business introductions or significant client projects
- People Management - management and supervision of Junior Account Managers to meet personal and developmental objectives
- Performance & Service Quality - SLA adherence, KPI variance and Satisfaction Surveys
- Change Control - Managing changes in scope through the critical pilot phase and ongoing as the solution evolves
- Continuous Improvement - Identifying and presenting initiatives to improve the customer experience and or reduce costs
- Identifying and sharing risk and issues analysis along with mitigation plans, reviewing and updating contingencies
Along with this, you will have fantastic communication skills both written and verbal, a keen eye for attention to detail and ability to work on your own initiative and manage time effectively, including meeting deadlines/achieving targets.
If this sounds like your next role and you want to help mould this, business, please apply today!
Salary between £45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum