In-house Solicitor / Legal Counsel position with a well known financial services business. Salary c.£60,000 (3+ years PQE)
Although Birmingham HQ, role can be fully remote so location is flexible
You will join a supportive team of 7 and take responsibility for a broad and interesting commercial and regulatory caseload including
- Advising on and drafting a range of regulatory documents under the Consumer Credit Act, FSMA 2000, CONC and other UK/EU regulation
- Negotiating and handling a mix of commercial contract matters including partnership agreements, supplier contracts, procurement and IT
- Providing advice on Data Protection and associated regulation, guiding the business and managing change
- Managing external litigation solicitors as well as litigation matters across internal business areas to ensure positive outcomes
- Providing on going training, support, processes and research to ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are incorporated across the business.
You will be a qualified UK solicitor with at least 3+ yeas PQE and a pragmatic approach to problem solving. You will be a natural relationship builder who is able to influence, engage and help drive change and business transformation.
The ideal candidate will have gained some knowledge of the consumer credit market, or have worked in other regulated financial markets, however this is by no means a prerequisite, so more general commercial, transactional or litigation lawyers should certainly apply if there is genuine interest in this area.
You may have in-house experience in a regulated environment or perhaps be currently working in private practice and keen to build your career in industry with a more varied, interesting yet manageable workload.
Again, although quite welcome to work from the Birmingham office post COVID, the role can be fully remote coming to the office for team gatherings or big project meetings as and when.
Feel free to get in touch or apply to hear more